Friday, July 8, 2011

Yummy snack: Ginger snaps and goat cheese

I haven't had any Gluten Free Ginger Snaps from Trader Joe's for a very long time. The Nashville store is about 20 miles from my home so it's not that I can just pop in there any time I run out of one of my favorite products. I usually buy at least three bags. Imagine my disappointment when I made a recent trip there and found only one (1!) package on the shelf.

These cookies are good! I really think the almost empty shelf was in part a result of my profuse and gratis "word of mouth" advertising. They are sweet, crunchy and quite gingery! I'm hoarding them, of course. But right after I got home from the store I couldn't resist using some to make a fabulous new snack.

It's simple. I put the cookies on a little plate and topped them with a generous dollop of goat cheese which I bought at Franklin's Farmers' Market. I set this off with some thick banana slices. This combination of flavors and textures is lovely. I think it's a fairly healthy snack, too.

I still have some cookies left. But that goat cheese is gone! It's made by Noble Farms here in Middle Tennessee.

No comments: